Monday, February 25, 2008

Such a Mean Mom

This morning Jake starts moaning about a stomach ache, he mentioned that it felt like someone was stabbing him, he was doubled over in pain and whimpering....so I say, "oh, honey you don't have to go to school" He positioned himself in front of cartoons, made a lame, albeit pitiful, request for the "big bowl" and quietly watched TV while Isaac got ready for school. About 9 am and lots of cuddles later (the best medicine for stabbing stomach pains of the most dramatic kind) I say to poor pitiful Jake, "Hey, I know, let's go to a movie!".
He asks, perking up quite a bit, mind you, "The Spiderwick Chronicles?"
"Absolutely," I answer.
He threw the covers off of himself and dashed up to his room to get dressed...A MIRACULOUS recovery...so I shout up to the speeding bullet that he has become, "Great, we'll go after school, be sure to get your back pack"

HAHAHAHA
The look on his face when he came back down the stairs....

13 comments:

Martha said...

Ah, but be careful what you say...you may anger the Virus Gods. Early on, I laughed at my boy with his man cold (basic symptoms, man sized suffering). Next thing I know the kid is puking, feverish, and has the nose bleed from Hades. He had no energy left for his manly cold.

But yep, I can see where you were being punked. Someone needs to tell your kid the current illness involves upper respiratory symptoms, not tummy trouble. At least fake it with the current trends!

Gina Grace said...

That's hilarious! Is it wrong that this is the part of parenthood that I look forward to the most?

OHN said...

You are my new hero!!! Where were you last week when S3 was near deaths door until about 11 am then had his miracle recovery only to relapse around 8 pm, attempting an early decision on school the next day....what would we do without our wits?

tz said...

and speaking of gina..when are you going to make me an aunt?

OHN...don't you think sarcasm is one of the best parenting tools EVER...

Martha, bit your tongue...I can't afford for the kids to get really sick....and I did see thing 1 today at school today in the nurses office...poor little dude!

scott...so you want to go into peds...you're first lesson is to figure out the fakers -- I suggest the movie trick, turns out it works really well

Anonymous said...

You are an evil genius!

Colleen O said...

Gasp! You are evil
- mwwwhhhaaaaahahaha -

Sarcasm is a very useful parenting tool. I don't care what ALL of those books say - and, it's a skill they will be able to use later in life - (probably against you).

Sitting In Silence said...

LMAO...that is so funny...

Ken said...

Ha-ha. You are so mean and smart at the same time. I will have to use that one too someday.

tosin said...

I'm just jealous I didn't think of it myself!
:)

Lisaopolis said...

that is hillarious!
And Gina an aunt? Are you serious? Before me? Otay....;) Keep on truckin'!

Hope school is going well, you'll do smashingly!

Anonymous said...

I looooove this. Chalk one up for Mom! :)

Aimee said...

Too funny, I'll have to remember it for next time DD is "sick".

Anonymous said...

you are my HERO! i don't have kids yet but will put this in the "keep" pile for the day i do!