So what have I been doing?
1. School is kicking my behind! There is some good news on that front recently...because I've been using my blogging time to actually study, I got an 85 on my cardio test....which doesn't seem that great but it was the highest in the class (and yes, Blaire, I know I'm a b#*ch---but you did great with half the studying). And for this I'm very thankful (do you like how I worked that in). I also got a 100 on my pharm test. Now that, was truly a miracle, because I was so busy studying for the cardio test I only read half the chapters in pharm....I seriously prayed before during and after that test...so I should say, God pretty much got the 100 but I'm very thankful it's on my grade book. I have only two more tests and I'm done for about a month...WOO HOO.
2. I finally got caught up on reading all your wonderful blogs...I feel like such a slacker and I really have been thinking about reading all your wonderful, touching, funny stories (all of which I love to read and for which I am thankful)....but it's like cookies, I can't just read one, so I haven't been reading any. Today I took a few hours -- because Thanksgiving is at my sister-in-law's -- for which, by the way, I am soooo thankful----and I took the much needed time to read and read and it was so good to hear what has been happening to you all.
3. My clinicals are awesome. The people I'm meeting are amazing. I'm learning so much about the ins and outs of being a nurse, not the book learning thing, but the real people stuff. And I love it, and seem to be pretty good at it....at least the people stuff. I am so thankful for that experience and for the ability to be able to talk to just about anyone....finally all those reports that came home throughout my school career about being a 'great kid but talks to much' is finally something that is to be cherished and not something to 'work on'.
4. I spent the day with the boys yesterday, I took them and my niece to the movie Bolt,then to Cold Stone , it was fun. When Jason asked how the movie was, I told him I cried. His response, "You cried at a cartoon" to which I answered, "Shut Up" and he just raised his eyebrows at me....oh pulease, did he just not hear me say shut up? Does he not know that raising eyebrows is akin to SHOUTING......he chuckled then hugged me, I laughed. I'm thankful for 16 and half years of marriage and for knowing this man for over half my life and appreciating that he can laugh at me, I can laugh at him and we both laugh at our kiddos.
5. The boys are healthy, joyful, polite, and wild and just as they should be. It amazing how well they do, even with the poor mothering they've received lately...oh who am I kidding, most of the time....I am truly thankful for the boys they are.
6. I have come down with a cold...so I'm headachy, sneezy and a bit miserable, and I am thankful it happened AFTER the cardio test. And even though it's not serious, I've decided to 'rest' and it gave me the opportunity to play on the computer (oooh and along with catching up on blogging, I got my sister's, mother's, sister in law's and other sister in law's Christmas gifts ordered, and the boys Christmas pajama's....woo hoo).
I hope that this day finds you (even those of you across seas who don't celebrate this day) thankful for what you have in your life.