Saturday, November 04, 2006

Griswold Halloween

Wow, some people really like Halloween...Here's a house in our neighborhood that was decorated to the hilt. They even had a pirate walking the deck and the lady of the house was serving hot cocoa while she was wearing a serving wench costume...some people just have too much time on their hands and I say this will total envy!

I know it's not 'cool' to live in the suburbs. I did the cool downtown thing in college and we even may move to some trendy loft when we're empty nesters, but this stage in our life the suburbs is sometimes so Normal Rockwell I feel like I'm in this 50's sitcom dream come true! Yeah yeah there are issues, but easily ignored by one such as me (denial just ain't a river in Egypt). Mostly, it's just a place where the kids can learn and play and I have some lovely laid back friends (ok, minus an alpha-mom or two)...Yes hippy gay professor dad probably rolling in his grave that eldest daughter isn't some intellectual somewhere, but really I'm happy and love my life in suburbia...Where else are you going to get Griswold halloweens?




Very strange; I had a post today about this already today and when I went back on my blog it was gone...it may appear again later so this may be a double posting, I have no idea...but now I have pictures since Martha emailed me some...yay Martha.

3 comments:

Martha said...

It was there earlier and now POOF! But, that's happened before.
One time I put a comment on C's blog and it didn't show up for a couple days. SPOOOKY...but that's what you calling us not so desperate housewives UNCOOl!

Martha said...

Ok, I can't type...
that's what you get for calling us UNCOOL...
the suburbanites are haunting you...
(and I think your dad would be happy for you as long as you don't go totally to the dark side and become a Republican! OH the horrors..)

tz said...

repbulican! it can't happen, but speaking of...it's so fun to 'mess' with them when they call to campaign my registered republican husband