Monday, November 06, 2006

Well I guess it's nursing school then.....

A few days ago I have this great talk with a friend, Shannon, who is a teacher and I settle it in my mind that teaching is the way to go, it can happen in less time, the classes would be less hard and I'd walk away with a masters, yeah you have to deal with parents and have very little respect from those around you but it would have worked well with the family and I WOULDN'T HAVE TO DO ANY SCIENCE....Then, that night I get my letter from Araphaoe that my number came up and I can start nursing school. I call dear friend, Shannon, again (whose head had to be spinning, but I do that to her often, even with, should I paint this room green or blue?) and she helps me figure it out and it's settled AGAIN. I'm going to nursing school. I mean if that's not a sign from the divine....me going back and forth back and forth, what do I want to be when I grow up, what fits with the family blah blah blah, I'm sure even in all of HIS compassion and wisdom he was fed up with me too and I got the letter to finally shut me up and go on with it....Yet I still talked to more girl pals...shared my angst of, 'am I smart enough, will people still like me if I'm not as there for them, will Jason handle the pressure of picking up the slack in the house' and the consensus was 'shut up and go already'...Ok, friends were so much more gracious but really that was the end result.
But really it would have been cool to say I had a Masters, but now I'm getting an Associates, which feels a little backwards but it is in a totally different field, way out of my element...so I need to get over that bit of snobbishness

4 comments:

Martha said...

Oh, just pretend you have your masters...I do! :) I guess because I do have my nurse practitioner certificate they ASSUME I have the masters to go with it. I don't. In fact, I thought I was "about 1/2 done". Until I pulled out my transcripts. Uh...half would mean I really suck at math: more like 1/6 done. Oh well!

Hey, I'll be your study buddy/tutor, ok? Me, who hasn't worked in the field of nursing for 7.5yrs! You'll end up hating "my type" by the time you enter the work force (we've got the training we just aren't helping with the nursing shortage!)

Colleen O said...

I was thinking about the "it's a sign from God" theory, and wouldn't that mean that he just likes messing with ya?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

tz said...

probably because i'm so easy to mess with

thanks martha, you may regret volunteering to be my study buddy!

thanks anne