Friday, January 05, 2007

snow AGAIN

Oh my gosh, I can't believe we're getting snow again and it's more than just a couple of inches. Now, I know that people may think, sheesh Tracey you LIVE in Colorado, what's the big deal. But I live on the front range, the snow usually just accumulates in the mountains. It's strange here to have snow on the ground more that a couple of days, and it's usually melted before the next snow storm...sheesh. But this all segues into this great quote I read in this book called THE LEXICON OF STUPIDITY. by: Ross and Kathryn Petras

"We should abolish January and February. If we then divide the fifty-nine extra days between July and August, we will cut our energy needs by about one-third through eliminating the coldest days of the year. Cold is largely a psychological matter. If people look at the calendar and see that it is July, they will be quite happy to turn the heat down." Ohio State Rep. John Galbraith.

1 comment:

Colleen O said...

I started reading your "the art of mending" book today. I had to put it down so that it won't disrupt me from my scrapbooking tasks. (It seems like one I'll gobble up.)