Wednesday, March 18, 2009

my funny husband.....again

Either my husband is really funny or my horrible housekeeping skills gives him a lot of ammunition or both....but the other day he comes running down the stairs yelling, "Call 9-1-1, call 9-1-1" I didn't even ask why because he sounded so concerned. My finger was on the 9 on the phone when he said, "someone stole all your clothes".....I had spent the day, a day out of my SPRING BREAK mind you, organizing the closet.....I laughed any way---mostly because he was just so proud of himself and he is so darn CUTE.

A couple nights before that report cards came out. He handed me Isaac's (I was doing a 12 at the hospital and so he got to the back packs first that day). I freaked out, it was all about what a problem child he was, how he's not even reading at a kindergarten level (he reads above level by the way)...it was sooo not what we were expecting...I mean it even said he didn't get along with his classmates or teachers....I was about to explode when Jason said, "look at the name" ---- well no wonder it didn't sound like our child, there was a mix up...whew, but mean Jason for doing that to me....I still laughed, I can't help it, he's so darn cute! This is why I can't really discipline the kids that well either, they're so darn cute, just like their dad. Anyhow...Jason told me that he got to the comment section and even read the other kid's name, and instead of thinking it was another kid, thought it was some strange pet name for Isaac....hahhaha, now that's funny Mr. Smarty Pants. (FYI...Isaac is doing fantastically, he gets along well with others and his teachers, he just can't keep his desk organized....hmmmm, I wonder if he ever cleaned it out if his teacher would yell, 'call 9-1-1).

12 comments:

Dodi said...

I'm picturing the other kids parents: fist pumping in glee, "He's above grade level!! It's a miracle!! OH MY GOD, it's A MIRACLE! And look at the nice comments - It's like he's a different kid!!" Then, the letdown... "Wait... who is Issac?"

I can't wait until you finish school - are we having a party???

Sandra said...

I LOVE the 911 story. Definitely something my husband would say, but I love it that your husband acted it out! You are right he is just pretty darn cute! :)

I like Dodi's comment too. Imagine if you had a problem child and got Isaac's report card. Of course, the way things are today, they'll probably sue, saying since those were the grades their child was given (even by mistake), they CAN'T be taken back!

ganelle said...

SO with Dodi. Those poor other parents!

Very funny!

Sitting In Silence said...

LMAO...that is something my DH would do...Funny as xoxo

Martha said...

And I win the prize because when I heard the mix up report card story I said "OH, it wasn't XYZ's card was it?" and...ding ding ding...I was right.

So, that was one awful shock for you guys...and well, his parents? Cardiac arrest proportion I'm sure....(trust me, he's ALL that and then some...)

As for the 911 threat...he's so funny!

But you, darling? Looked marvelous yesterday: Spring Break/Senioritis seems to agree with you!

Jenelle said...

laughter is a precious gift. glad that your husband is the gift that keeps on giving...

Rock Chef said...

30 years from now...

"Honey, call 911 - I just fell and think I have smashed my hip!"

"Yeah, right."

"No, really!"

"OK. I'm just off to get some milk, I will be back soon."

tz said...

the other kid actually got another copy of his own report card...she had made two and somehow the second one made into isaac's so other family was spared...yay

CRC....definitely a 'cry wolf' scenario!

terri said...

What a relief! I would've panicked too.

Michele said...

ROTFLMAO! This was a great post! I loved Dodi's post, too!
We all need some laughter in our lives. I am glad you get more than your share!

Mrs4444 said...

That's funny. (and so is Dodi's comment!) Whew!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Dodi's comment cracked me up...