Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's identified....

Last night in study group we went through Bergey's manual to identify our unknown bacteria. I got my culture from the vending machine. Should I tell you, should I? Or the better question: are you going to keep reading from this point on? I was hoping for some normally benign form of say, Staph. epidermidis, which is only a problem if it gets in your blood stream, it's part of your normal flora, everyone has it. But NOOOOO, It's Staph. auereus, a particularly nasty one, responsible for a whole host of nasty diseases (if you click on the word it'll take you to Wikipedia).

Cheers to our normally healthy immune systems!

3 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like you had a nose picker plopping coins in the old vending machine. Doesn't that "bogger" usually live up in the nose?

tz said...

and that's why i wash my hands after i pick my nose...hahah

Martha said...

Oh just wait honey...you ain't seen nothing. Wait until you get to learn how to "dig for gold" in nursing lingo. Nose picking and nose germs will seem so very tame!