Sunday, March 02, 2008

Slept in until 6:30 am and it was FABULOUS!

That's right, no clinicals this weekend. And I've done NOTHING...it's been GREAT! I'm even (shhhh, don't tell) going to ditch Church. I took my final on Friday and got an 82 (boo hoo) and this was after serious studying...the funny thing, I actually got all the ECG readings correct and that was the part I thought where I would do the most poorly. So, with that 82 I averaged 83 on all the test scores (remember I was high on one of those...flexeril -- not so great for test taking) but my class work and clinicals bumped me up and so I am squeeking by with a B (the scale is 85-92 for a b). We did lose four students with that last test--I'm tellin' you, it's not that easy. Speaking of finished up classes and grades....congratulations to Colleeno on the A + in a MASTER"S level teaching course -- not easy to do with two little ones, a job and a hubby working all sorts of strange hours. Even being surrounded by such brilliance in my neighborhood, I'm still pretty darn happy with my painfully earned B.

I start OB/Peds next week. For which, I am uber excited! I want to be a Labor and Delivery nurse and so this'll be right up my alley.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Think of it this way, you've done eaten all your least favorite foods and now it is time for dessert. MUCH better this way than if you'd had Dessert first!
You'll do great...and remember...there is only ONE test that really matters...that and letters of reference...so start making friends and taking names NOW! :)