Ok, this weeks blogger challenge, via martha
"In honor of Shuttle Atlantis, which finally blasted off yesterday, and because my friend Cara likes it when I make lists like this, this week's blog challenge is a Countdown List. 10...9... 8... 7....
10 Things I Wanna Do Before I Die
9 Places I Last Spent Money
8 Sounds I Routinely Hear Around My House
7 Real Restaurants Where I Last Ate Out
6 Things I've Recently Scratched Off My To-Do List
5 People I Don't Know by would Like to Hang Out With
4 Songs That Make Me Happy
3 Things I Hate To Do
2 Things I'm Really Good At
1 Bad Habit
Have Fun counting down!"
TEN THINGS I WANNA DO BEFORE I DIE
1. Finish remodeling my house, wow is that shallow
2. See my boys watch their brides walk down the aisle
3. See my grandchildren being born (if allowed) and be one of the first people (outside my daughter-in-laws and sons) to hold him/her and smell that beautiful new born scent and hear that wonderful new born cry.
3. Finish School and get a masters
4. Do a 'fix and flip'
5. Travel the world, particularly, Israel, Egypt, Morocco, Canary Islands
6. Take a family cruise with extended family
7. Really impact one other person's life in a meaningful way
8. Do some type of peace corps thing when I retire.
9. Finish my scrapbooks for the boys
10 Win the lotto (see points 1-6)
NINE PLACES WHERE I LAST SPENT MY MONEY
1. Joannes fabric, I cancelled a class so I bought a magazine (Southern Living) to sooth myself
2. Office max, needed a new pencil sharpener
3. Eddie Baur, jeans for jason
4. The Christmas shoppe...yup, it's September, I'm a little nuts, but I found a cute ornament for jason's stocking.
5. starbucks...they get a lot of my money actually
6. Dairy queen, the kids always get it if they behave at the mall
7. Home Depot (they get a lot of my money too)
8. Cherry Creek Schools early education, zac's preschool
9. Creekside Church
EIGHT SOUNDS I ROUTINELY HEAR AROUND THE HOUSE
1. The children
2. The dishwasher
3 washer and drier
5. Hum of the computer
6. The voices in my head telling myself what I still have to do
7. Doors opening and closing
8. Quiet, then I worry
SEVEN REAL Restaurants I'VE EATEN OUT AT
and fast food doesn't count, is that was REAL means?
1 Rumbi Grill, pretty tasty
3. That Mexican place next to chilis
4 PF Changs....
ok we've been taking advantage of the new mall going in at southlands!
5. Oh, adventurous of us, a hole in the wall Mexican place on federal when we went to buy some roasted chilis
6. Thai basil---way yummy
7. Oh my gosh, I can't think of any.....Oh, blue koi
SIX THINGS I'VE SCRATCHED OFF MY TO DO LIST
1. Stop writing to do lists!
ok that's pretty much it!
FIVE PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW BUT WOULD LIKE TO HANG WITH
I don't even have time to hang with the people I DO know.
1. Paula Dean, anyone who cooks with butter, wow, and she hits it on the head....'If you make this they will love YOU' not 'it' but YOU.
2. Christy from trading places, the one from Texas.
3. Candace Olsen, from Divine Design
4. The woman who wrote The Red Tent, I bet she's really interesting.
5. Mother Theresa, I know she's dead, but just to be in the presence of all that goodness, I don't even want to talk to her, just 'be' with her.
FOUR SONGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
1. Don't laugh....anything by ABBA
2. Amazing Grace
3. Right now...Cherry tree shoot, can't think of the artist, but it's POP
4. That stupid song about tore down paradise and put up a parking lot
TWO THINGS I'M GOOD AT
1. Looking for the good in people (ok, there's a couple people out there that that's hard for me to do---but for the most part I can do it for everyone else)
2. Decorating, just wish I had the money to do more of that for myself!
1 BAD HABIT
well I have so many to choose from, eating too much and not exercising.
Alrighty, this gal's going to bed.
Oh except, on this day of reflection of what happened five years ago, a small prayer for those families who lost so much, my heart goes out to them. And I held mine a little closer to me today. And a prayer to my brother, serving in Baghdad. May God keep him safe.