Sunday, August 03, 2008

In case you were wondering how suburban housewives have fun....


Holy cow, if you haven't seen it, grab a couple of girl friends (or your favorite gay man) and go already. It's been a long time since I have laughed that hard -- I mean tears rolling down my face and can't breath--laughing so hard. Even the- beautiful- didn't- take- his- shirt- off- enough-with-a- great -accent- wouldn't- kick -him -out- of -bed- Pierce Brosnan made us laugh with his very heart felt but very badly executed singing...that's okay Pierce we all drowned you out with our very own singing (and I can honestly say, my vocal ability is even worse then Pierce's). No one got up and danced in the aisles though, Martha tried and I almost did it but...the WASP side of my waspina nature won out on that one (sorry Martha).


And the fun did not stop there....

The thirteen (yes, Dodi made the connection that we were enough for a coven) of us went on to McCabe's to have drinks and dinner (they have a really yummy spinach, strawberry and feta salad -- by the way). Somehow our side of the table where, Aimee, N (a non blogger buddy who may or may not want to be mentioned), Colleeno and I were sitting, started talking about cleavage. Aimee went on to say that the blouse she was wearing showed a little too much, N was reassuring her that it was not....and well, I laughingly told her that, oh yeah there was plenty....so
She pulls her shirt down
and says "like this much tracey" JUST AS THE WAITER CAME BY TO TAKE HER DRINK ORDER. (Now mind you she didn't really show anything....just a bit more cleavage...seriously you see girls walking around showing more without trying to be funny) BUT she turned 20 shades of red, could barely get out her drink order (soda by the way---seriously this woman does not need to drink to loosen up). She tells the waiter that she needs a warning the next time he comes our way.....so the next time he stops by to take our food order, he doesn't say, "I'm here", Or "I'm coming, get ready"...he comes and says, "I'm ready for you." Again, Aimee turns 20 other shades of red. N and I politely remind Aimee that she is old.enough.to.be.his. mother. and then the waiter turns a couple shades of red himself.
It doesn't end there.....
We enjoy our dinner, our conversation is all over the place...is it that we're women, that we have such diverse interests, we all of ADD? I'm not sure but we really talked a lot about a lot. Ms. Martha came by from her side of the table (making the rounds, Ms. Martha is a very gracious hostess and checks on all to make sure they're having a good time). We told her the cleavage story and then N and Aimee got into a whose chest is bigger (N by the way) Aimee goes on to say (or was it N now I can't remember) that N may have the biggest chest there (seriously how do we get on to these subjects) Ms. Martha says "oh, no D would win that category" (again, not sure how D would feel about my recounting this story). Martha calls D from the other side of the table....D says that hands down she would win....no we did not measure...they just gave their bra sizes and the matter was put to rest.
I'm thinking that the other patrons and staff were happy to see us leave.
So there you have it people, this is how we have fun....it's really nothing like you see on Desperate Housewives...just good plain somewhat clean fun.
Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend too.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a FABULOUS time! I can imagine having, actually have had similar conversations when out with the girls.

tz said...

hahaha, terri, so glad we aren't the only ones...seriously, tvland...never show this side of girl's night out...it's either bridge playing or something paris hiltonish...nothing in the middle.

Martha said...

A good time was had by all...and I think it was a great way to transition from the carefree ways of summer, with vacations and other busy endeavors to the chaos of the school year. Our own little back to school bash so to speak.

And the best part? Nobody had to clean house or pick up after the party ended.

Thanks for joining in the fun.

Dodi said...

It was fun! It was SO much fun! I can't believe how great that movie was, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

And, yes. In almost any crowd I have the biggest boobs. They never went down after nursing the babies. I spend an small fortune in bras!

ganelle said...

SOOO wish I could have joined you all! Sounds like a blast!

Sitting In Silence said...

So many people have said this is the movie of the year...

Now I just have to find 2 hours spare in a day and I will be right there LMAO

xoxo

Rock Chef said...

Sounds like great girly fun. I think your review of Mama Mia fits with what I have heard - if you want great singing, go to the stage show, but the movie is great in the right company. Our secretary went to see the movie and the audience applauded at the end!

Teresa said...

I wish I had a group of friends to be so carefree with! That sounds great!! Now I want to see that movie too!

Aimee said...

Now that I am the butt (or should I say cleavage)of all the jokes in the neighborhood, we had a great time.

That is why I don't get out too much! My husband just shakes his head and goes on with life. He has yet to read this, your but accounting is just about as funny as the actual event, so will get him to read soon.

We need to do that more often!!!

Vanessa said...

I've been wanting to see this movie and this is the third time today I've seen it on a blog. I give, I'm going!

Ken said...

I was thinking about taking my daughter to see that movie. She loves musicals, but I'm not sure if the movie is appropriate for an 8-year old.

Anonymous said...

You could have just described one of my GNOs. They are the best aren't they! Will have to see Mama Mia...haven't had the chance yet!