First off remember the contest, There are some pretty good suggestions out there and can't wait to see whatever else comes up.
Secondly, here's my little lesson on email-forward-etiquette. If you forward one of those factual ones and not just the funny ones, then please, please, look it up on Snopes. Because if you don't I will and I'll "reply-all" with the facts. So, guys, Obama is not a Muslim, Target is not a French company, McCain did indeed say the "Democratic Party is a fine party", and that Peggy what's her name is not missing. Seriously, if you haven't already, check out Snopes --- especially before you forward (um...yes Colleen and Shaina, I just got a forward from our fave forwarder)!
Okay, off my soap box. The following forward will give you guys from, in, want to be in Colorado a good laugh. Everyone else will either think we Coloradoans are crazy or so want to come live here too. And no, I did not look this up on Snopes, because it's just a funny one:
( It was only a matter of time before Jeff Foxworthy took a couple of shots at Colorado !)
You are a Coloradan if ............
1. You switch from 'Heat' to 'A/C' in one day.
2. You know what the ' Peoples Republic of Boulder ' means.
3. Your sense of direction is: towards the mountains and away from the mountains.
4. You're a meat-eating vegetarian.
5. The bike on your car is worth more than your car and you have your own special bike lane.
6. You're able to drive 65 miles per hour through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without even flinching.
7. You take your out-of-town guests to Casa Bonita even though you would never go there otherwise.
8. You think your major food groups are granola bars, tofu and Fat Tire Beer.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costumes to fit over a snowsuit.
10 You think that sexy lingerie is wool socks and flannel PJs.
11. You know all 4 seasons 'almost winter, winter, still winter and spring blizzards
12. You've been tear gassed in a riot to celebrate a CU/CSU victory.
13. You can never figure out why your out-of-town guests faint from altitude sickness on a picnic to the mountains.
14. You can drive over a 12,000-foot pass in 4 feet of snow, but can't get to work if there are 4 inches of snow.
15. You know the 'correct' pronunciation of Buena Vista .
16. When you visit friends at sea level, you can drink a case of beer and not get a buzz.
17. Your car insurance costs more than your car.
18. You have surge protectors on every outlet.
19. April showers bring May blizzards.
20. 'Timberline' is someplace you have actually been.
21. You know what a 'Chinook' is
22. You know what a ' Rocky Mountain Oyster' is.
23 You know what a 'fourteener' is.
24. .But you don't know what a 'turn signal' is.
25. A bear on your front porch doesn't bother you nearly as much as a Democrat in Congress does.
26. Your golf bag has a 9-iron, a 3-wood and a lightning rod.
27. People from out of state breathe 5 times as often as you do.
28. Having a Senator named Nighthorse doesn't seem strange.
29. Thunder has set off your car alarm.
30. You have an $800 stereo in your $300 truck.
31. You think a red light means 3 more cars can go.
32. Where we're going, we don't need roads!!
33. You know where the real ' South Park ' is.
34. You can recognize the license plates of all 50 states on sight.
35 Driving directions usually include 'Go over_________ Pass. '
36. You've 'checked for ticks.
37. You've dressed in shorts, sandals, and a parka with a hood.
38. You've gone snow skiing in July and........
39. You've played golf in January and.......
40. They were in the same year!
41. You've urinated on the Continental Divide just so it could run into both oceans.
42. You know what a down slope and an up slope weather pattern is.
43. And the most important: You get a certain feeling of satisfaction from knowing that California and Texas are both down stream.
44. You actually understand these jokes and send them to your Colorado friends
Rocky Mountain Oysters -- seriously seriously nasty