Sunday, July 20, 2008

Williamsburg....

We arrived yesterday. So the day before we were to leave my ears felt like I was listening to life through a conch shell. I was so freaked out about the pressure change during landing that I took a Clariton, two Dayquil, some Benedryl and some Afrin. That combined with getting up at 3AM (yes, I just typed AM) I slept most of the flight and thankfully my ears were fine on landing. We arrived in DC about 1 and met my brother for lunch.


My cuties....who actually allowed me to dress them alike...okay under the threat of death.
Jose and Jason checking out the GPS

Then we piled into the rental and drove the three hours to Williamsburg. We caught a quick bite to eat and then went to Ripley's It was pretty cool and the kids really enjoyed it. We went to the 4D movie. I think it's 4D because it's completely interactive --- like having water sprayed at you during the ocean scenes as well as being 3D. It was worth the trip but if you do go don't buy your tickets online months in advance, ours didn't work. They did honor them though, so A+ on customer service.






I don't know why I thought this was a cool game, but you are supposed to say the color of the word, not read the word and it's a lot harder to do because you really really want to just read the word and not pay attention to the color. I actually had an easier time of it then Jason......
Tomorrow, I'll post Old Colonial Williamsburg, but it's late and I'm tired....but it was pretty cool, we spent 12 hours walking around...

2 comments:

Martha said...

You know you're traveling with kids when...

The first spot you hit is Ripley's Believe it or not World.

In all my visits to Williamsburg, I don't think I ever made it there. (yeah, I went as a single or at least kidless woman!)

Looks like fun...

Bob Stein said...

Neat game. It must exercise the corpus callosum, the narrow bundle of nerves connecting the left brain with the right. I'd like to think I did it right, but how would you know?