Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Oh And thanks Ms Marfa

Yup, a same day posting even...
I just want to say, I live in the greatest neighborhood with the greatest sister-wives. I put an email out there that if anyone saw a Wii for a great price to buy it for my Christmas Stash (hubby doesn't read my blog so this is safe to post...and bad hubby by the way!) and Ms. Marfa (ok, Martha, but son #2 calls her Marfa) found one and called and brought it right over! Which is wonderful because I was shopped out (didn't actually know that could happen) after spending three hours at Home Depot. Did I mention we're remodeling our bathroom? We're doing most of it ourselves...hahaha, Ourselves? more like hubby is doing it most of himself). Mostly, because we're too cheap (OK, not we're, but he's too cheap)to hire it all out and frankly, we want a nice bathroom without overpricing our neighborhood....I hate it when we're practical and he's right.

Stop me before I continue rambling....It wasn't supposed to be about my cheap, handy husband and our remodel but what a great sister-wife Ms. Marfa is and how I lucked out to move into a great neighborhood!

2 comments:

Sitting In Silence said...

You are so lucky to have a great neighbourhood....

I am sooooooooo jealousssss.....

My neighbours are direct from "H"....and that's on both sides....

Time to call the real estate...

Martha said...

Ah, but none of us live "right next door" to each other (except Dodi and a lovely lady named Jen but she doesn't blog)...we just all live in the same subdivision and our friendship network has just grown in the good old fashioned "hey, mind if I bring so/so over"...two friends become 4 and so on and so forth. It is a pretty amazing sense of community and one that I hope I NEVER take for granted...