Saturday, March 19, 2011

POTD -- quick dinner...really quick.

This is one of our favorite oh-my-gosh-I've-worked-10-to-11-hours-met-Jason-at-baseball-where-I-stay-and-finish-watching-Jake-practice-baseball-and-Jason-takes-Isaac-to-Karate-Jake-and-I-go-home-get-dinner-ready-in-time-for-Isaac-and-Jason-to-get-home dinners.

Fish Tacos, super duper easy
or Lazy Fish Tacos

A couple boxes of your fave frozen fish, I use either the garlic herb or lemon herb
A package of corn tortillas
Coleslaw salad mix (without dressing)
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing

Like I said, I'm super lazy, but my friend who is a much better cook, housekeeper, crafter, mom, human being then I am, takes regular ranch and mixes some green tabasco sauce...I think it might be jalapeno juice -- I'm not quite sure, it's green and in a tabasco bottle. I also think she makes her own fish too....wouldn't be surprised if she made her own tortillas, I'd hate her if she weren't my best friend...

Et voila....(Jason likes it with two corn tortillas per taco, me not so much)
The family gives it two thumbs up....and Hannah hopes someone will drop something....

5 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Simple and brilliant. I've been meaning to do this myself and then I always forget, but I love fish tacos.

Anonymous said...

Clearly the friend you mentioned is not as smart as you and went through many steps to get to the same thing... If fact, she probably yells at her kids while she is making them because she attempts to do too much! Yours look absolutely yummy.
Hugs-

Jessie Saxton said...

What a good Lenten supper! I am always looking for new ways to make fish. BTW I love your romance novel cover pic. I am sort of a closet romance novel reader (and writer). Shhh;)

Jessie Saxton said...

What a quick and easy Lenten supper! I am always looking for ways to eat fish. BTW...I love your romance novel cover pic! I am a closet romance novel reader (and writer). Shhh;)

Jessie Saxton said...

Sorry meant to leave one comment...my computer is misbeahavin' this afternoon.