Monday, January 19, 2009

My Interview from Ali

OH MY GAWD, SCHOOL STARTS TODAY....TODAY...AND IT STARTS WITH A MATH TEST! so instead of freaking out (okay, who am I kidding, I'm freaking out) I'll leave you with my answers to Ali's interview questions:

Ali, at Idiosyncrasies of a Gemini Mind (Isn't that a great name for a blog....oh wait as a Gemini myself, maybe I'm biased) sent me some interview questions (and in case you're wondering, so did Chief Rock Chef...I'll get to his on Wednesday)...so here are the answers, and should the whole 5 people who read my blog wish to be interviewed by ME....just see below what to do....


1. Once school is over and you're "officially" Nursey McHealthypants, what are you going to do to celebrate?
Well, I think I'll start off with sleeping for a week....I'd like to take a family vacation, not sure where --it'll most likely depend on our finances, so it could be a week away in our lovely mountains or a cruise in the Caribbean.

2. What's one of the funniest situations you can remember being in with your hubby - where you both laughed yourself silly?
Jason and I have known each other a long time, but the one thing that strikes me as one of our funniest moments, is also quite embarrassing to me.....but what the heck, I'll share it anyway. Jason and I went to an improvisational thing one night and someone on stage was revving up the audience. He would yell things out like "what high school did you go to" and everyone would yell out an answer. I was very caught up in the moment and when he yelled out "who did you lose your virginity to" I yelled out "JASON"....but no one else said a peep, so it was my lone voice in the crowd yelling an answer-- then a roaring burst of hysterical laughter on the announcer and audience parts....color me beet red...but, no, it didn't stop there. Later the announcer came around in the audience asking questions and he came to me and asked who was sitting next to me and in a shy, contrite voice I had to say, "Jason" which made the audience and the announcer laugh that much harder.



3. Do you ever wish you weren't such an unpredictable/feels everything Gemini? I only ask this because obviously I am one myself, and sometimes it's exhausting.


Oh my goodness yes...and the quickness a mood can change for me is sometimes confusing and irritating...but the good news on that front is that I can come out of a funk pretty easily (especially if humor is being used). What is most aggravating though, is the whole fence sitting thing...I'm really good at seeing both sides and often agree with both sides of almost any issue. I really admire those who can take a stand for something because they can move forward where as I am still debating in my head which is the right thing to do...
Jason does joke with me about which personality is coming out to play, or he'll ask if I'll consult all the people in my head before making a decision....he's a funny guy.
4. Your favourite thing about being a mom to your two little boys? And do you think they're easier than girls?
The hugs....I love those spontaneous hugs and "I love yous" from them. I know that they are going to get less and less in the coming years so I eat them up now. I love smelling them when I hug and cuddle them, almost like I can breath in their essence.
Not having had girls, I'm not sure what would be easier. I've heard that girls a more mellow at this younger age, but harder in the teen years? Boys at 9 and 6 are certainly exhausting! I think I'll still have the worries about teen peer pressure with smoking, drugs, alcohol and sex that a mom of girls would have in the later years, so I'm not sure I'll have it easier then then a mom with girls?

5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? And what would your superhero name be?
It would be 'super fix-it woman' and I would get my house remodeled....I would love to channel Carter Osterhouse (or whatever his name is..the real cute carpenter guy on HGTV) and have my house actually completed within the next year...seriously we are now over a year on our master bath remodel.....grrrrr
Not very creative or romantic, but there you have it!

Thanks Ali for your fun questions! And if any of you would like me to interview you, let me know and see rules below.


The only rules are that you have to link back to the original post and you have to put these rules in your post:"Want to be part of it? Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions."

10 comments:

OHN said...

Just a little FYI...those wonderful hugs will disappear when you become the horrid mother for a few years...then they come back and are just as wonderful.

S2 left on Sunday to go back to college and wrapped his big ol arms around me and just about squeezed me to death....and I loved it :)

Michele said...

As a mother of two girls, I didn't think they were THAT bad! I was lucky and we didn't have the screaming fights some of my friends had with their kids. I think it has much to do with understanding their point of view and not shoving our grown-up views down their throats.
I did miss the hugs during most of the teen years, but the 21yo now hugs me every time I see her, and again when we part. The 19yo is still a bit embarrassed by the whole touchy-feeling thing, but I think she will be coming around soon!
Cool interview!
No one has interviewed me yet *sniff, sniff*
LOL

terri said...

Your hysterical moment made me giggle! Don't be embarassed! That was great!

Boys are definitely easier. I wouldn't give up my girl for the world but boys are definitely easier all around.

Sitting In Silence said...

PMSl....I love it ! Great post and feel free to interveiw me...you know where to find me ! xoxo

Sid said...

Hi ... so do you think you could interview me please?

ganelle said...

Love the virginity question! So funny.

So, can when can we start officially calling you Nursey McHealthypants???

Blairbear said...

You can totally inverview me!

Sandra said...

I really did laugh out loud at answer #2, and then read it to Hubby. Hilarious!

I'm not very good at this kind of thing. But, I've enjoyed reading YOUR answers! :)

Ali said...

Your funnniest moment with Jason had me screaming with laughter! That is so something I would do :)
I loved all your answers - thanks for playing.

Teresa said...

Loved your funniest moment...that is so something that I'd do!!! LOL!!!