Saturday, August 12, 2006

First Day of School

Zac, first day of preschool

Jake, my little first grader

Making bus cookies to celebrate going back.

Zac, having a slice before starting preschool








First day of school was a couple weeks ago, but hey I just started this blog so I should be forgiven for waiting a bit. We made sugar cookies that sort of looked like school busses with their names on them and we gave some away too. Jake actually did not even tear up...very unlike the first half of kindergarten and Zac, never a sentimental one, pretty much waved to me at the door and marched right in. I'm not sure what's worse, the 'please don't leave me' or 'don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out mom' ....

I spent the first day crying and wanting to call Jason to reverse his vasectomy, but by the next day I was fine and happy with the time off!

Then that evening, the boys decided to play with water balloons in the house and Zac fell and cut open his foot, needing three stitches....his second visit to the ER this summer (first one was from a black eye when he fell off his scooter and banged his eye on the handle). I'm beginning to wonder if he's a bit clumsy -- or maybe it's just trying to keep up with his big brother.

I have no idea why I've decided to blog, except it may be the way I'm able to journal and remember the wonderful witty things my two children say. I'm on the computer all the time any way. And hey, it is fun looking at my friends' blogs (thank you Martha and Colleen). Oh and I just did spell check and 'blogs' comes up as incorrect ----on a blog spot, go figure.

No comments: